Set-Up, Orientation, and Registration...Oh my!

Hey Guys!
I was once a part of group that OVERWHELMED me with 2-3 page emails.  It was crazy to try to discern the critical information I needed to know.  Yesterday, I was struck with fear in hoping that that is NOT what's happening here! :)  My goal is to get you the information you need to know clearly and concisely.

Here's what you need to know for Wednesday...
  • Can you arrive early?  Ed Hopper is our Facilities Director and is needing all hands (this includes your hands) on deck to help set up each of the competition rooms.  
  • Bring your speeches/scripts, the checklists (ncfca.org), citation pages (ncfca.org), etc.  
  • If you aren't already there to help set up, then I would encourage you to arrive at OBU by 6:00.  This will allow you to get parked and arrive in time for the mandatory parent/student meeting at 6:30.  Then students check in, submit scripts/speeches, etc.  If someone is chaperoning your child, please make sure you have a medical release signed for them.  
  • Pray! :)
  • If you ordered a T-Shirt they have arrived!!! Wooo hooo!!!  Scott and I will be arriving early to help Ed with set-up, and I'll have the shirts sorted and ready for you to pick up.  If you could bring cash to pay for your shirts, that'd be awesome, since I won't have the ability to make change. :)  Let's all show our EPIKOS team spirit and wear our shirts Wednesday as we set up and prepare for the tournament.  This will also let out-of-towners know that we are the local club and can potentially assist them with any questions or other help they may need.  
This is the last email you will receive.  See you all Wednesday night!  We are praying for each of your student(s) and their best effort.  They will do great!  The skills they have been learning and practicing are bigger than this tournament.  Ultimately, these skills will bring glory to the Lord.  This tournament is "iron sharpening iron."  I can't wait to see you all and cheer for you.  

BLESSINGS!!! Call Scott or me if you need ANYTHING!  It's going to be a great tournament!